Other Benefits of Breastfeeding
Benefits of Breastfeeding
Environment & Society
- There is no feeling to describe the child suckling at your breast and letting go to give you a big smile; and knowing that the growth of your baby came from what your body produced.
Benefits of Breastfeeding > for
Environment & Society •
- Breastfeeding makes you feel good, the hormones produced during nursing have an endorphin effect giving you a relaxed feeling.
- The strong bond developed with nursing is much more intense.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are giving your baby the best start in life.
- Breastfeeding contributes to a healthier weight for both mother and child.
- Breastfed babies know their moms and will never confuse them with a sitter.
- Breast milk taste great! Sweet tasting! Variations in taste according to foods moms eats. Have you ever tasted formula?
- You have a great excuse to sit down and relax.
- You can nurse while sleeping. Nursing moms get more rest than formula feeding moms.
- Breastfeeding saves moms about 7 hours a week off their feet.
- No screaming baby in the middle of the night waiting on the formula to heat up.
- It's the only time you can ever lose weight without dieting or exercise!
- Breastfeeding is more convenient, when traveling, all you need is to take diapers, the milk is always available, sterile, and the right temperature.
- During times of disaster or emergencies, you don't have to worry about finding formula.
- Breastfed babies smell great....spit ups don't stain, or smell, and poopie diapers are not offensive...(until solids are introduced)
- Breastfeeding requires the use of only one arm....you can do other things while breastfeeding, (except cooking and driving)
21 February, 2016